How to Extend VMDK Using (AIOM Partition Assistant) Software
Step 1: Extend VMDK File
- Power off the VM and go to VM setting, choose the disk file and set the size of the disk, press “OK”
In my case, i want to extend it from “6 GB” to “10 GB” as shown below.
Step 2: Extend the Underling Guest OS Disk
- Power on the VM
- Go to computer management and verify, i have “4 GB” unallocated space available. It is the exact amount of space which we want to add more in our existing disk space.
- Open the AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard (Freeware).if not install then you can download from http://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html
In software you will also see “4 GB” unallocated space, which, i want to add to existing “C” drive.
- Right click on the “C” drive, choose “Resize Partition“
- Specify the new Size, in my case it will be “10 GB” and press “OK”.
- As shown below, now, i have single drive with “10 GB” space, to commit the changes click on the drive and choose “apply”, then next popup click “proceed”.
- It’s done. To verify, go to computer management and you will see “C” drive has 10 GB disk as shown below.