- Download the XP Multisession File XP_Multi_Session.
- Change his extention from “.pdf” to “.zip” file and unzip to your desktop.
- Make sure no user is using RDP (Remote Desktop).
- Make backup of your registry for safe side.
- XP Multisession.zip contains two files
- a. termsrv.dll
- b. XP_Multi_Session_Reg.bat
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode.
- Replace the current version of the Terminal Services DLL (termsrv.dll) with an unrestricted version from a previous release of Terminal Services.
- Rename the files
C:\Windows\system32\dllcache\termsrv.dll to termsrv_dll.bak C:\Windows\system32\termsrv.dll to termsrv_dll.bak
- Copy the downloaded “termsrv.dll” file (the one you just unzip on Desktop) to following directories or paths.
- The next step is to make some changes to the Windows Registry with the “XP_Multi_Session_Reg.bat”. Just double click on the “.bat” file to make the necessary registry changes.
- Create Windows Scheduler task of “XP_Multi_Session_Reg.bat”. which runs every time on system startup.
- Next define/configure the number of concurrent remote desktop connections / sessions setting at group policy.
- Click Start then Run and type “gpedit.msc” and then click OK.
- In the Group Policy window expand Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Terminal Services in the left pane.
- In the right pane double click on Limit number of connections and define the number of remote desktop sessions.
- Finally reboot the system and you are done!