i will use Management server for administration of cloud lab through out this blog series , it is the system where i have all the necessary software installed, which help me to manage the cloud lab environment.
In this Lab we will perform following tasks
- Create a vm for Management Server
- Our Perquisites configuration for Management Server
- Management Server Software’s
- Install vSphere Desktop Client
Create VM for Management Server
Use the following specs to create a VM for active directory and install OS.
o Right Click on Server and Choose New Virtual Machine
o Enter VM Name (Mgmt-Srv) and Inventory Location
o Select Datastore
o Select Virtual Machine Version: select latest available
o Select “Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)” as OS Version
o # of Virtual Processors: 1
o Amount of RAM: 4GB
- # of NICs: 1
- Adapter Type: VMXNET 3
- Select “Connect at Power On
o SCSI Controller: LSI Logic SAS
o Create New Virtual Disk: 50GB
o Use thin provision
o Install OS.
Our Perquisite Configuration for Management Server
After Installation of Management server. Configure following perquisite
- Set system name (Mgmt-Srv.vmlab.com)
- Configure an IP address (192.168.150.6)
- Install Microsoft .Net 3.5 role.
- Enable remote desktop
- Verify time and time zone settings (GMT+5) or whatever your time zone is.
- Enter forward and Reverse DNS Entry for mgmt-srv.vmlab.com
- Join domain
- Disable Windows Firewall
Management Server Software’s
Following are the list of software which need to install in management server for vCloud Management.
- Install VSphere 5.5 Desktop Client
- Putty (for SSH)
- WinSCP (for Transfer data between windows/Linux servers)
Install VSphere Desktop Client
Mount the VCenter 5.5 DVD->Right Click on DVD->install and run program from your media
In VMWare VCenter Desktop Client-> Select VMWare VSphere client->Click “install”
Accept the agreement, Click “Next”
Check the installation path-> Click “Next”
Click “finish”, VSphere Client installed successfully
Similarly you download and install winscp software from http://winscp.net. it very simple to install just required few clicks.
you may also download putty (SSH Client) software from http://putty.org. it is simple “exe” file. which dont need an installation. just double click on the “putty.exe” file and use it for ssh.
Now we have all set for management server point of view. if we need any thing later. we will install it