Create a Service.
You can create a service to organize catalog items into related offerings.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or service architect.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a “Tenants administrator” or service architect.. In my case, I have created one already in my Active Directory with name “firstname.lastname@example.org” and gave permission to configure tenants during “create new tenants” process. Enter the “credentials” and click “Login”
1-In Administration -> Select Catalog Management -> Services and Click “Add” (Add a new resource action).
1-Enter a Service name, I choose “infrastructure” to host the IaaS Service in my lab and enter a “description” (optionally).
2- Click “Browse” to select an icon for the service (Optional).
3- Select a status for the service from the Status drop-down menu. Which is either
- Active (Service can be published in the catalog.)
- In Active (Service is saved in a draft state and cannot be published to the catalog)
4- Configure information to display to users of the service when they browse the catalog (Optional)
- Select the availability of “internal support services teams” from the Hours drop-down menus.
- Enter the name of the “service owner” in the Owner text box and press “Enter”.
- Enter the name of the “person or group” of persons in charge of the service in the “Support Team” text box and press “Enter”.
- Select a time for “scheduled maintenance” from the Change Window drop-down menus.
NOTE: I leave everything blank against the Sr # 4
Now you service has been created as shown below. Similarly you can create other service as well. such as XaaS, PaaS, DaaS etc.